If you are living in a house with a big backyard, you should consider yourself very lucky. You don’t have to go to the park or look for a nice coffee shop to have breakfast with a view. All you have to do is transform your backyard into an outdoor space that reflects a sense of style and charm.
Depending on how big or small your deck is, you can transform it into a retreat from the hustle and bustle of daily life. Personalize it with everything from lovely candle holders to comfortable cushions, and you’ve got yourself a peaceful retreat.
Without further ado, here are some great ideas on how you can remodel your deck and transform it into an outdoor oasis.
- Make It Comfy – If space is a problem, but you still want to create a cozy retreat, consider using a corner sofa. Add a coffee table and some plants and transform your deck into a reading or meditation space. If you do not have enough space for a couch, you could choose one or two Campeche chairs.
- Consider Building a Pergola – Have you always dreamed of having a Baldachin bed but haven’t had the chance to turn your fantasy into reality? This is the time to make up for it. Start by building a pergola. Then, attach white drapes on the side and a few lights that hang from the ceiling. Place two to four comfy chairs and a table, and you’ve created the perfect date spot.
- Create More Space – Create the illusion of a wall by adding a wooden square lattice wall. Use some climbing plants to create a lush vertical garden.
- Oriental Style – As much as we love to travel, we can’t afford to do it as often as we would like to. With this example, we are settling for the next best thing: transforming our homes into the ultimate wanderlust den. For example, if you love Arab-inspired decors, you can transform your deck into a small Moroccan oasis. Choose a big carpet with a colorful design and a big sofa in a neutral color. Throw some (and by “some” we mean a lot) colorful pillows on the couch and even on the floor. Complete the furniture with some comfy chairs and a small coffee table. As for decorations, go for a few tall flowerpots and candlesticks. You can choose whatever part of the world you like and use it as inspiration to decorate your deck!
- Embellish It with a Piece of Artwork –You can go for a dramatic look and use a few classical sculptures. Or, you can give your deck a more futuristic appeal by using abstract or geometric figures. Either way, it will change the entire design of your deck.
- Pool Time, Anyone? – Take advantage of that extra space and set a Jacuzzi or pool. It is an excellent way to relax at the end of a stressful day. If you have children, it will become their favorite space in no time.
When it comes to deck transformation, the sky is the limit. Think outside the norm and look for creative design ideas that reflect your personality. If you would like to get an estimate on remodeling your deck, just contact us!